Which automotive brands got the most lot visits from Cars.com mobile consumers in December 2017? We applied our patented On-the-Lot technology to find out.
Our December report offers a glimpse at mobile shopping behavior when consumers are on your lot. We have identified:
- The top five luxury and non-luxury brands with the most lot visits in December.
- For each brand, the top five lots that Cars.com mobile shoppers also visited – in other words, the most popular lots for cross-shopping.
Here’s what we found:
- Audi replaced Lexus as the fifth most visited luxury brand from November to December. (Audi and Lexus are taking turns occupying the list – Lexus had supplanted Audi as the fifth most visited luxury brand from October to November.) Audi shoppers also visited three luxury brands in December – Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, and BMW – with Nissan and Honda being popular non-luxury destinations among Audi shoppers.
- Nissan, Honda, Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (CDJR), and Chevrolet had very good Decembers. Nissan was the most cross-shopped brand, appearing on every brand’s list of top five lot visits. (No brand achieved that distinction in November.) Honda, CDJR, and Chevrolet tied for second place as the most cross-shopped brands among luxury and non-luxury shoppers. But whereas Nissan was never the most cross-shopped brand for any of the 10 brands on our list, Honda and CDJR each were the top cross-shopped brands for three of the brands on our list.
- As was the case in November, luxury shoppers were more likely to cross-shop both luxury brands and non-luxury brands. Non-luxury shoppers were less likely to visit a luxury brand. In fact, non-luxury shoppers visited only one luxury brand in December (Cadillac). By contrast, luxury shoppers visited eight non-luxury brands.
- Chevrolet continues to attract a lot of Cadillac shoppers — 47.6 percent in December versus 48.3 percent in November. No other brand achieved such a high percentage of cross shoppers.
Dealerships, pay close attention to which brands are getting the most cross-shopping attention. Be ready to answer shoppers’ questions on the lot about the brands that are indexing high for cross-shopping with your own brands