Handing over the keys and watching a customer take ownership of their new car is a special feeling – the excitement about the road ahead, the classic “new car smell,” the resolution after what’s often days and weeks of research and shopping. Once the deal is done, it’s only natural for them to want to share news about their great car buying experience with friends and family.
To help highlight this unique moment, Cars.com is asking car buyers to share their best #newcarface photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for a chance to win up to $25,000 towards their car loan payment. All recent car buyers have a chance to win – possibly even one of your own customers – so be sure to work with your sales team to spread the word before every sold vehicle rolls off the lot.
How your dealership can get involved
- Encourage each of your customers to post a photo with their newly-purchased vehicle to the Cars.com Facebook wall using the #newcarface hashtag (required for entry). While you’re at it, ask your customer to tag your dealership so everyone knows where they bought their new ride (optional). Consumers can also participate by posting a photo of themselves and their new vehicle using the #newcarface hashtag and mentioning @carsdotcom on Twitter and Instagram.
- When a #newcarface photo is posted on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram that tags your dealership by name, find the post and share it with your fans and followers so everyone can see how happy your new customers are.
“What’s in it for my dealership?
We’ll be selecting one dealership each month to be our #newcarface featured store, highlighting the dealership – and its satisfied customers – on a national level with a status update from the official Cars.com Facebook page.
Things to remember
- The #newcarface contest is open to legal US residents (excluding MD, NJ and TN), 18+ who hold (or whose immediate family member holds) a qualifying vehicle loan or lease
- Vehicles must be purchased or leased no earlier than 1/1/12 to be eligible
- All #newcarface photos must be posted directly from your customers’ social profiles to be eligible, not from your dealership’s own social handles
- It takes two stars to make a #newcarface. Remind your customers that both they AND their car need to be in the photo they post