Cars.com is excited to announce that our iPhone app has received MarCom’s highest honor, the Marcom Platinum Award!
The MarCom awards, designated by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, receive nearly 5,000 entries per year in the areas of audio, visual, print, web, design and marketing communications. The Cars.com app for iPhone, which has more than 1 million downloads since its launch in 2010, was highlighted as among the top entries in terms of product quality, creativity and resourcefulness.
Cars.com has been ahead of the game when it comes to connecting dealers with mobile car shoppers ever since we were the first third-party automotive shopping site to launch a mobile-optimized web site in 2007. In addition to the iPhone app, we also offer an Android app, which we launched last March, as well as the newest addition to our mobile family, the Cars.com app for iPad.
We know that 78% of today’s shoppers use a mobile device in their shopping process* and 58% are using their device on dealer lots**, so we’ve designed our iPhone and Android apps to give car shoppers on-the-go access to many of the most popular features of the Cars.com website, including:
- Listings of new and used inventory
- Ability to read Dealer Reviews, browse directories and save specific dealerships
- Multiple contact methods, including click-to-call and e-mail leads
- Search results based on preferences such as make and model, mileage, distance and price
- Pricing calculators
- Mobile-optimized CARFAX history reports and Kelley Blue Book Values
The newly released iPad app, customized for the new car shopper, includes:
- Expert vehicle reviews and information from the Cars.com editorial team
- High-definition videos and photos
- “My Showroom” feature enabling users to save specific vehicles and view a side-by-side comparison of up to three vehicles
* GreystripeOnline Media Today: 80% use Smartphones to Car Shop, April 2011
** Cars.com: Mobile Web and App Usage for Automotive Shoppers, Nielsen, June 2011