Cars.com endeavors to create a safe and fair advertising environment for its dealer customers (“Advertisers”) and Cars.com Site users. To this end, all Advertisers are required to comply with the Policies outlined below when listing vehicles on Cars.com and related sites.
Listings Should Be Truthful and Accurate
- All discounts, rebates, incentives, down payments, special promotions, etc., that factor into the display price must be disclosed prominently in the seller’s notes (prior to the “see more” button)
- All vehicle advertising must be accurate and truthful in accordance with our policy and all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- All vehicles advertised must be currently available for purchase by consumers directly from the Advertiser at the dealership address identified in the listing. Advertisers with multiple dealership locations are responsible for ensuring that vehicle listings only reflect the inventory at each specific location that is advertising with Cars.com.
- It is the responsibility of each Advertiser to review their vehicle listings and to confirm their accuracy and to remove all sold or otherwise unavailable inventory from the listing feed as soon as each vehicle is sold or becomes unavailable.
- Listings are intended only for non-recreational, non-commercial vehicles which are mass produced and intended for sale in the U.S..
Listings Should Be Focused On The Vehicle and Dealership
- All vehicle advertising should be free from prohibited content including but is not limited to: links or calls to action to visit other sites, HTML or other code; illegal, inappropriate, or offensive content; contact information or alternate phone numbers (as a subscribing Advertiser, you are provided with a unique toll free number which routes all of your phone inquiries from Cars.com listings to your business phone).
- All vehicle advertising containing images and/or video should use that media only to depict the vehicle being sold, for general dealership branding, or for informational purposes and may not use them to promote special offers, prices other than the price offered in the listing itself, or to model potential payments or financing.
- Consumer information gathered from leads, reporting, and otherwise (User Data) should only be used to facilitate the consumer request or provide customer service regarding the vehicle listing. Advertisers are not to sell, lease, license, sublicense, or otherwise distribute or transfer User Data to third parties (other than to third parties like lead management providers who provide services related to the permitted uses on behalf of the Advertiser) or use User Data in any other unauthorized manner, including, without limitation, for unsolicited mass distribution of information or email, “spam”, “junk mail”, or direct marketing campaigns.
Cars.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to monitor compliance with the Policies and to enforce the Policies, but assumes no obligation to do so. Cars.com reserves the right to waive any or all of the above Policies for purposes of product QA, new business model testing, and/or strategic market development. Cars.com reserves the right to modify these Policies or to remove listings in whole or in part at any time without written consent or prior notice.
Order Form Details. From time to time, Cars.com and Client may execute Order Forms that will specify: (i) the types and amounts of FUEL services, (ii) the price for such services, (iii) the maximum amount of money to be spent pursuant to the Order Form, and (iv) the start and end dates of the campaign. Other items that may be included are, but are not limited to, reporting requirements, identity of and contact information for any Third-Party Ad Server, campaign-specific details concerning usage of data collected, and any special Ad delivery scheduling and/or Ad placement requirements. Any effective date or other campaign start date included on the Order Form indicates estimate of initial start of campaign; actual effective date will be campaign go-live date which may vary.
Availability; Acceptance. Cars.com will make reasonable efforts to notify Client within 5 business days of receipt of an Order Form signed by Client if the specified inventory is not available. Acceptance of the Order Form and these Additional Terms will be deemed the earlier of (i) written (which may include paper, fax, or e-mail communication) approval of the Order Form by Cars.com and Client, or (ii) the display of the first Ad impression by Cars.com.
Compliance with Order Form. Cars.com will comply with this Order Form, including all Ad placement restrictions. Except with regard to CPA, CPL, or CPC campaigns (for which predictability, forecasting, and conversions for such campaigns may vary), Cars.com will create a reasonably balanced delivery schedule. Notwithstanding, Cars.com will have sole discretion for purchases of ad inventory, will choose all third-party vendors/publishers, contract directly with such third parties, and will control timing of all advertising placements. Platforms may include third-party vendors/publishers, as well as, platforms owned by Cars.com.